February, 25th, 2020
EPISODE 15 | MISSIONARY AVIATION WITH CYNTHIA BARKMAN:
Cynthia Barkman has served for the past 25+ years in mission aviation with Ethnos Canada. She shares what life as a pilot’s wife has been like and how she is now involved in mentoring and training others at Moody Aviation. We hope to gain a clear picture of how mission aviators advance the gospel to the ends of the earth.
- “bush location” – a remote location in the jungle, where a tribal village may be located.
- Ethnos360 Aviation – Ethnos360 Aviation’s core purpose is to assist the church planting ministries of Ethnos360 and likeminded ministries through the use of aviation to achieve the goal of a thriving church for every people.
- HF radio – is short for “high frequency radio” which is used to communicate with missionary pilots or missionaries located in remote locations where there are no other reliable forms of communication.
- maintenance – refers to the task of maintaining an aircraft and keeping it in working condition.
- Missionary aviation – is aviation involved in transporting missionaries or indigenous people to remote locations to speed the progress of a church plant or Bible translation.
- Moody Aviation – Is an undergraduate program with Moody Bible Institute where you can major in Missionary Aviation Technology.
- seconded – an employee that is temporarily assigned to work for another organization or employer.
- solar system – is referring to a power system that uses solar panels to convert sunlight into electricity
- SOP – is an acronym for “Standard Operating Procedure”.
- twin engine – is referring to an aircraft powered by two engines.
RELATED ARTICLES, RESOURCES, AND CONTENT:
- You can connect with Cynthia here or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your kids can be involved in helping purchase helicopters for missionary aviation! You can download a free wrap here.
- Read here how you can give towards the cost of three helicopters for missionaries in Papua New Guinea.
- Watch a video about the needs for new helicopters in Papua New Guinea.
- Give towards flights for national and indigenous missionaries!
- Watch a video about how you can help keep costs down for flights for national missionaries.
- Learn how you can pray or support Ethnos360 Aviation here.
Leave an iTunes review. Help other women find our podcast and learn how they can be involved in spreading the gospel to the ends of the earth.
Follow us on Instagram for the latest updates.
Tell others. We would love for you to talk with others about the Compel podcast! Feel free to share these conversations with your friends!
Thank you for supporting the Compel podcast!
*Affiliate links used where appropriate. Thanks for supporting this ministry!