Find Your Place in the World
You can help those still waiting for the gospel have the opportunity to know Jesus Christ as their Saviour. That opportunity is still out of reach for many people around the world. If you’re willing to make a long-term commitment to change that, we’re here to help you.
Ethnos Canada will work in partnership with you and your church. We will provide the specialized training you need and help you find the role God has prepared for you in the network of missionaries who make cross-cultural ministries possible.
“Jesus said to His disciples, ‘As the Father has sent me, so send I you…’.Martin Lamb
We are to be His hands and His feet, His eyes and His tears; His very life to this lost and dying world, because if we’re not, nobody is. The incarnation that God began in Jesus He now wants to continue through you and through me – the body of Christ!”
for church planting with Ethnos
Career Missionaries must have a minimum of 60 credit hours at a Bible college or university (typically two years of Bible training or the equivalent) and successfully complete Ethnos’ specialized training program.
Additionally, all personnel must:
- Agree with Ethnos Canada’s Statement of Faith
- Have personal assurance of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be involved in a local church
- Be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ by maintaining a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Ethnos Canada
- Desire to be part of a team eﬀort to evangelize least reached people groups
- Have high moral character with positive references and not have been convicted of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been granted
- Understand that most Ethnos Canada ministry opportunities are physically, emotionally, and mentally challenging and that appropriate health in these areas is required
- Be willing to trust God for ﬁnancial and material needs
- Have no preexisting school, auto or credit card debts without a repayment plan (some exceptions apply)
- Not have a history of divorce, or divorce and remarriage, after salvation
Becoming a Missionary
With billions of people still waiting to hear the gospel, the task is bigger than just us. God is calling out workers from the ethnos to go.
Our role in mobilizing, equipping and coordinating missionaries extends beyond our own culture. From all around to the world, God is calling out workers to be a part of reaching the ethnos!
Thousands of believers from more than three dozen countries are actively working together in Africa, Latin America, Northern Canada and the Asia-Pacific Region.
Are you ready to join?
Why Choose Ethnos?
what makes ethnos distinct?
Most missionaries serve through sending organizations. How can you and your church choose the one that’s right for you? Find some of the reasons you might choose Ethnos.
Ethnos Canada’s Specialized Training
Your role as a career missionary and previous Bible education determine the training you’ll need, which can take from one to four years. Learn more about Ethnos Canadas specialized training.
Location: Numonohi Christian Academy, Highlands
Purpose: The purpose of NCA is to glorify God and to assist in the establishing and development of mature tribal churches throughout PNG by supporting parents in providing a Christ-centered education for their children.
To teach, equip, and support students who have learning differences.
- Other Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree and NILD Training • NILD certification and experience preferred.
Location: Field Office
Purpose: Dental hygiene maintenance and oral health promotion.
- Dental hygiene maintenance
- Taking dental x rays
- Dental public health promotion
- Staff training
- Other Requirements
A hygienist license is required.
Location: Missionary Children's School
Purpose: You can reach beyond your world and be a part of the tribal church planting team by teaching elementary students. The purpose of Ethnos360 is to plant mature churches among least reached people groups.
Responsibilities: To teach 2nd and 3rd grade elementary classes
- Other Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education