Put your experience on the team.
There’s likely a place for your experience on the church-planting team, helping missionaries serving in remote, unreached villages who rely on dedicated missionaries who support their work.
Associates serve for six months (although a minimum commitment of one year is preferred, and required for teachers) to four years. Looking for something longer? After four years, skilled associates may also have the opportunity to continue in their ministry.
“Jesus Christ is working in us, growing us and teaching us so that we will reflect Him and His glory here on earth. What a privilege to get to be used by God and to point others to His perfect and holy Son! …Living in Papua New Guinea for the past six months was a life changing experience! I will never forget all of the incredible adventures and lessons I learned during that time.”Victoria L.
for serving as a skilled-associate with Ethnos
All personnel must:
- Agree with Ethnos Canada’s Statement of Faith
- Have personal assurance of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be involved in a local church
- Be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ by maintaining a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Ethnos Canada
- Desire to be part of a team eﬀort to evangelize least reached people groups
- Have high moral character with positive references and not have been convicted of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been granted
- Understand that most Ethnos Canada ministry opportunities are physically, emotionally, and mentally challenging and that appropriate health in these areas is required
- Be willing to trust God for ﬁnancial and material needs
- Have no preexisting school, auto or credit card debts without a repayment plan (some exceptions apply)
Becoming a Missionary
With billions of people still waiting to hear the gospel, the task is bigger than just us. God is calling out workers from the ethnos to go.
Our role in mobilizing, equipping and coordinating missionaries extends beyond our own culture. From all around to the world, God is calling out workers to be a part of reaching the ethnos!
Thousands of believers from more than three dozen countries are actively working together in Africa, Latin America, Northern Canada and the Asia-Pacific Region.
Are you ready to join?
Why Choose Ethnos?
what makes ethnos distinct?
Most missionaries serve through sending organizations. How can you and your church choose the one that’s right for you? Find some of the reasons you might choose Ethnos.
Ethnos Canada’s Specialized Training
Your role as a career missionary and previous Bible education determine the training you’ll need, which can take from one to four years. Learn more about Ethnos Canadas specialized training.
Location: Field Office
Purpose: The purpose of NTM PNG is to plant tribal churches. To that end, NTM PNG must provide a quality Christ-centered support structure to enable this purpose. NTM PNG support missionaries are an essential part of the team that serves tribal church planting families
To serve in an accounting ministry at the NTM PNG Highlands center
- Other Requirements
Bachelor's degree in business or accounting
Purpose: Computers are vital tools for missionaries. You can be a vital part of the missionary team using your skills as a network and systems administrator. Ethnos360 exists to assist the local church in planting mature churches among least reached people groups.
- Maintaining our office network, consisting of a number of Win 10/11 workstations.
- Maintaining wireless equipment, network router and modem.
- Performing hardware and system upgrades, locally and remotely.
- Maintaining network availability in remote locations.
- Maintain our office phone system.
- Maintain our network printers, and help as needed with daily operations.
- Assisting with communication issues, such as Internet satellite services as well as cellular data connections, cellular phone issues, etc.
- Assisting, as needed, in maintenance of computer/Internet problems of regional centers.
- Providing end user technical support in Windows and Mac MS Office as needed.
- Troubleshooting software, hardware and network issues on workstations and notebooks.
- Other Requirements
Honesty and integrity are an absolute must. Personal character is more important than computer skills.
Location: International School
Purpose: The purpose of Hillcrest International School is to enable sponsoring members and other evangelical, expatriate mission organizations to serve effectively by providing quality Christian education for their children. The purpose of Ethnos360 is to assist the local church in planting churches among least reached people groups.
Responsibilities: To teach computer skills to students K-8 grades.
- Other Requirements
Bachelor's Degree and Teacher Training required.