This role reports to the Network Engineer or designee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, configure, and maintain network hardware and software
- Create and maintain backups of network device configuration
- Coordinate the installation, relocation, maintenance and repair of various network equipment
- Create and maintain accurate network documentation including Visio network diagrams, ports list spreadsheets, etc.
- Install and support LANs, WLANs, WANs, WWANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability utilizing OpManager and Umbrella.
- Analyze and isolate issues by troubleshooting any infrastructure network related problems such as network cards, cabling problems, etc.
- Evaluate, modify, and report on network performance.
- Maintain integrity and security of the network.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the campus LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Maintain proper cable management and terminations for network. (running wires, punching down wall jacks and patch panels, managing wire runs and racks, fiber infrastructure, grounding)
- Determine network and system requirements for new and existing projects.
- Maintain DHCP including Scopes, Reservations, and Scope Options.
- Maintain VPN gateways and intrusion detection systems.
- Maintain and monitor infrastructure equipment in Data Center and Telecommunication Rooms.
- Cross-train with team members to gain knowledge and experience in other areas of IT
- Works as part of IT support team and help desk agents